Friday, September 01, 2006

A Rising Tide

A rising tide lifts all boats.

That’s the saying that comes to mind as I ponder this morning’s passage in the newest Abraham book, The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent [1].

I do indeed want to rise, in my whole being, like the tide. I not only want to leave behind this painful shoulder, but any thoughts of limitation, any habitual resistance to Love’s beautiful energy flowing to me and as me. Spirit becoming flesh, consciously maintaining my awareness of this divine ongoing action. [2]

If I forget the shoulder for a while and turn my thoughts to the allness of Love, the nourishment of Spirit, the steadfastness of divine Principle, I can feel my way to a much better platform of creation.

Let me try the steps of the Focus Wheel [3] exercise here:

* I have made this emotional/spiritual journey many times before, so I know it can be done.
* It is not about any particular pain or limitation, but about opening my mind and heart to the allness of Love – in me, as me, and as all the circumstances vibrating around me.
* It is more about being childlike than intellectually astute. I can be childlike. Just the thought of that brings a smile.
* With childlike trust, stepping forward into something unknown – that turns out to be as familiar as the arms of my mother.
* At every turn today, I can be that child, turning to the arms of my divine Father-Mother Love.
* In those arms there is comfort and relief of every fear. There is provision of every need. “Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need.” [4] Why? Because divine Love is what it is – eternally – for me and everyone.
* Even right now, with these baby steps, I feel the pain lessening, and a rising tide of hope beginning to stir.
* I want to be the full and vibrant expression of that rising tide.
* I want to be rich with laughter, irreverent with mesmerism and fear, constant in awareness of the beautiful Source from which I flow.
* I want to grow skillful at pivoting, at bringing myself to this awareness, wherein all that is good may be found.
* This is the ultimate treasure hunt – to look within, to consciously link up with Source, and ride the tide to the next wonderful awareness.
* And the next one after that, in a journey of discovery and delicious anticipation.

Amen. That was both a prayer and a conscious moving of thought to a new platform of awareness. I can feel the results already, a distinct lessening of pain, a sense of happy discovery, the conscious companionship with Love.

Gail Murray 9/1/06

[1] The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent by Esther and Jerry Hicks, Hay House, Carlsbad CA, 2006.
[2] From my training in Christian Science, I often refer to God by the capitalized synonyms defined by Mary Baker Eddy in her lifework, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, p. 465. The synonyms are: Love, Truth, Life, Spirit, Soul, Mind, Principle.
[3] The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent, Focus Wheel exercise, p. 173-181.
[4] Science and Health, p. 494.