Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Finding Balance

Today I got a weekly email from the Spirituality.com website, inviting me to consider and respond to the question: How are you praying to find balance in your life?

Here is my answer. I'll check the website on Thursday to see all the answers.

I make a practice of noticing the balance of my thought. If the content of my thought is more on the side of worry, fear, irritation, I know I need to let Love in. I think of things I do appreciate, ways that Love has and does provide for me, evidence of God's goodness. I can feel the shift when the balance moves to hope, then trust, then confidence in Love's guidance and provision. It's a beautiful, lawful process: changing the balance of thought changes the unfoldments that naturally follow.

Gail
West Greenwich RI USA